OUR WEDDING PROCESS
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1601
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
Begin the wedding preparation process by submitting our Wedding Inquiry Form
MUSIC FOR YOUR WEDDING
This process begins when the Cathedral Organist, Mr. Tomas Niel contacts you to make the necessary arrangements as soon as your wedding is on the Church calendar.
The below sheet will guide you through your selection.
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
Before the couple comes for their appointment with our Wedding Coordinator, they are required to have the following documentation/funds (check or money order) to present at the time of the meeting:
- Familiarize yourself with our marriage preparation program, WITNESS TO LOVE, by reviewing the information at their website: witnesstolove.org;
- Updated BAPTISM CERTIFICATE (dated within 1 year of anticipated wedding date);
- LETTER OF PERMISSION from the Pastor of the bride if she is not a St. John parishioner;
- Notarized AFFIDAVIT stating there is “no previous marriage” by any party who is non-Catholic. This should be completed by a parent, sibling, or close relative of the non-Catholic party.
- ANNULMENT documents, if applicable;
- NAME of celebrant;
- $1,500.00 MAINTENANCE USE FEE (non-refundable after appointment) for non-parishioners of St. John Parish. This can be in the form of a check or money order payable to St. John Cathedral;
- $500.00 WEDDING FEE for registered (active & supportive) parishioners of Cathedral Parish. You must be registered with the Parish at least three years before beginning the wedding process. This can be in the form of a check or money order payable to Cathedral of St. John;
- $250.00 DEPORTMENT DEPOSIT refundable upon request after the wedding, proving conduct and behavior of the wedding party was appropriate for rehearsal and wedding. It is the responsibility of the couple to ask for the refund within 30 days following the wedding. Please make this check payable to Cathedral of St. John;
- $200.00 BASE FEE – ORGANIST/MUSIC COORDINATOR made payable to Cathedral of St. John. Any additional fees, when applicable, are payable at least 2 weeks before the wedding;
- $200.00 BASE FEE – CANTOR/VOCALIST made payable to Cathedral of St. John. This policy is for any and all weddings at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist. Any additional fees, when applicable, are payable at least 2 weeks before the wedding. Effective 9/1/2016.